icbookgirl is currently reading Shoes, Bags, and Tiaras.
I’m female, from the United States. I’ve been a DailyLit member since November 03, 2008. My reading interests include Fiction, Psychololgy, Literature, and History.
- Shoes, Bags, and Tiaras 100% complete
- David Copperfield finished
- The Pickwick Papers finished
- Oliver Twist finished
- A Tale of Two Cities finished
- Hard Times finished
- The 50th Law finished
- As You Like It finished
- Berlitz Essential Spanish Phrases finished
- Berlitz DailyLit Spanish Lessons finished
- A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court finished
- History of the Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire - Volume 1 finished
- 30 Stories in 30 Days finished
- Promissory Payback finished
- Holiday Romance finished
- "Fiction" by Alice Munro finished
- The Prince and the Pauper finished
- An Unfinished Death finished
- The Federalist Papers finished
- Anonymous finished
- You Can't Judge a Book by its Cover finished
- Madame de Staël finished
- You're Only as Sick as Your Secrets finished
- Anna Karenina finished
- Organizing the Disorganized Child finished
- Jane Austen: Her Life and Letters finished
- The Legend of Sleepy Hollow finished
- The French Revolution finished
- Little Brother finished
- Paranoia finished
- Journey to the Centre of the Earth finished
- Incidents in the Life of a Slave Girl Written by Herself finished
- Walden finished
- A Doll's House finished
- Wikipedia Tour: The Roaring 20s finished
- Oedipus Rex finished
- Miss Julie finished
- The Yellow Wallpaper finished
- America's Greatest Hits finished
- Northanger Abbey finished
- Pride and Prejudice finished
- Persuasion finished
- Sense and Sensibility finished
- Emma finished
- Mansfield Park finished
- The Canterbury Tales finished
- Little Women finished
- Who is Mark Twain? finished
- Masters of Verse finished
- Book Sampler: Tastes of Harlequin Romance finished
- Sonnets finished
- Famous Stories Every Child Should Know finished
- A Young Girl's Diary finished
- Poems Every Child Should Know finished
- Dream Psychology finished
- Romeo and Juliet finished
- 2BRO2B finished
- The Pit and the Pendulum finished
- The Cask of Amontillado finished
- The Tell-Tale Heart finished
- The Raven finished
I would love to see this Mark Twain book available. I really enjoyed this book in high school and would love to read it again.
I think it would be fun to add some book quizzes as well. See how well you know you're faves or how much you remember about the book you just read!
I think that would be interesting I have about 40 books total--some are still coming into my email, so they aren't finished yet, but I'm working on it! And of course these are only books from this site, not to mention the fact that when I'm at home I have a Hard-book that I read! Oh, man, am I a freak! :)
Depending on my age it varied, when I was little I loved the Berenstein Bears, I even collected them. Then in elementary school I had moved on to Sweet Valley High and R.L. Stine (not goosebumps then my friends...it was all about Fear Street!), and I loved "Summer of my German Soldier"!. High school I began V.C. Andrews and also began to love some of the books I had to read for school: "The Mysterious Stranger" by Mark Twain, anything by Shakespeare, "Night" by Elie Wiesel and others.
Wow! I had a few, but probably Rainbow Brite stands out. I had almost all the Rainbow Brite dolls, the Rainbow cottage, a Rainbow Brite music tape and watched many of her cartoons.
Maggie had been preparing Thanksgiving for months now. Her mother had always made it spectacular. She brought out all her mother's recipes.
Everyone was waiting. Her mother walked into disarray, food everywhere and a half-burnt turkey. "I'm sorry mom," she sobbed.
Her mother sent her to the table. A moment later she appeared, tray full of sandwiches, and the family cheered as if it was a huge turkey. Her mother smiled at her, "It's the people, not the food, that make Thanksgiving."